Since 2001 David Mellor of David Mellor Mentoring has developed a portfolio of activities derived from 25 years’ experience in banking with HSBC and Deutsche Bank. His principal activity is mentoring existing and aspiring entrepreneurs. He is a recognised expert in his field, regularly speaking at conferences and running seminars and workshops.
He published “From Crew to Captain” in 2010, written for people making the transition from working for big institutions to working for themselves. He has followed that up by launching “From Crew to Captain: A Privateer’s Tale” in 2014, which is written for people establishing consultancy practices. The third book in the trilogy – “From Crew to Captain: Commander of the Fleet” was released in November 2015 and addresses the “growing pains” issues faced by successful startups. He is also co-author of FT Publishing’s “Inspirational Gamechangers” which launched in 2015.
He is an Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow in the Faculty of Finance at Cass Business School. He is also a Freeman of the Guild of Entrepreneurs. He holds a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree from the University of Cambridge, and is a member of the Institute of Directors. He is a Certified PRISM Brain Mapping Practitioner.
Designed to support delegates in the aftermath of a Meet the Buyer event, this interactive workshop will cover:
- Using neuroscience to help people sell in the 2017 marketplace – Why understanding how the brain influences the way we (and others) behave is helpful
- Self-Awareness : How understanding yourself helps you to understand others better – Appreciation of how a businessperson can leverage his/her strengths and compensate for “blind spots”, and begin to read signals in other people
- “Had a good conversation, then nothing happened” – Exploring the reasons why sales stall, and what you can do about it
- Developing communication skills for relationship building – Exploring how to adapt behaviour throughout the various stages of the sales process in order to build better relationships with clients and prospects
- Top 10 tips – practical tools and techniques used by others to their advantage in sales and sales-related activities
During the workshop you will learn:
a) how your self-awareness can help you to understand others better
b) as a result how to build better relationships at every stage of the sales process
c) what attributes will help you to become a good salesperson
d) why sales is not as scary or daunting as you might have thought it was
To book your place, please visit Eventbrite or call: 01293 813889.