Have you a passion for learning and education and for making sure that both young people and adults have the right skills and opportunities to support their future careers? Does that passion include a focus on and knowledge of STEaM skills? (Science, Technology, Engineering, creative and digital technologies and Maths).
This is an exciting opportunity to help deliver a new county wide project in West Sussex. The Full STEaM Ahead programme aims to inspire and build confidence in both young people and adults to pursue studies and build careers based on STEaM skills.
Reporting to an Executive Group and employed by Crawley Borough Council, the Programme Manager will lead and be responsible for delivering the project’s overall objectives. This will involve engaging with a wide range of interested parties including schools, businesses, delivery organisations, Local Authorities and other stakeholders, to help facilitate and deliver a broad and inspiring range of activities and events.
You should be able to demonstrate that you have:
- Relevant understanding of the STEaM agenda both nationally and locally.
- An understanding of the key stakeholders in the STEaM arena across West Sussex.
- Project and management experience in an Employment, Skills or Economic Development field.
- Evidence of being a self-starter, able to seek out and initiate new activities that support the overall aims of the project.
- Experience of delivering projects on time and in budget.
- The ability to persuade, inspire and challenge, to influence others and negotiate effective solutions.
- Experience in commissioning and contract management.
- Experience of using marketing strategies to support a programme of work.
You must be able to work under pressure and demonstrate strong commitment to deliver quality services. You should be able to fully use Microsoft Office Suite; be self-motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work which may require occasional out of normal office hours work.
This post will be based in Crawley and will involve frequent travel throughout West Sussex.
Closing date: 15 September 2019
Proposed interview date: 24 & 25 September 2019
Please quote reference: EES21
Find out more and to apply click here