It’s a very busy and exciting time here at the Coastal West Sussex Partnership! We’re looking for a Water Sports Development Officer to help deliver our new project: All on Board.
All on Board is about putting coastal West Sussex on the map for water sports tourism, extending the season and helping water sports businesses in the region to thrive, flourish and create jobs. It’s a much-needed marketing campaign that every local water sports business has the chance to be featured in.
From kitesurfing, to diving, to paddle boarding, to kayaking, there’s already an incredible array of water based sports available along our beautiful coastline. It’s time to make coastal West Sussex the destination of choice for both new and seasoned water sports lovers.
Now, thanks to a £170k grant from the Coastal Communities Fund, we’re looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about water sports in coastal West Sussex to join us on our mission!
The job involves reporting to our Director and working closely with local water sports businesses to create a strong marketing campaign that will position the area as a ‘go to’ destination for water sports.
Leading the All on Board project, the Water Sports Development Officer will be responsible for the overall delivery of the project and the engagement of supporting local authorities, partners and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
– Previous sports development experience and a passion for waters sports.
– Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and trust easily.
– Ability to self-lead and take responsibility as well as being a team player.
– Good budgetary and project management skills.
– Ability to spot new development opportunities that fit with the ambition of the project.
– Experience of delivering and managing sports based events.
The role comes with competitive pay, generous holiday entitlement and an outstanding benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please head to All on Board job advert