Following a public consultation earlier this year (Let’s Talk Water – Starting the conversation), Southern Water are transforming the way they work, how we all value water and the role it plays in our daily lives.
Each day, Southern Water supply 524 million litres of drinking water along 13,753 kilometres of water mains and treat 718 million litres of wastewater through a sewer network of 39,600 kilometres throughout the South East.
After receiving feedback, Southern Water have listened to residents’ views, as well as asking for advice from experts on how things like climate change and new technology will change our lives.
From this, they’ve created ten outcomes to secure a resilient future for water for many years ahead. These are:
- Supplying clean, safe and sustainable water
- Aiming to recycle every drop of water
- Protecting and improving rivers, reservoirs and coasts for the future
- Recognising the true value of water in our daily lives
- Playing an important part in supporting a resilient South East economy
- Providing a refreshing easy customer experience
- Making sure bills are affordable to all customers
- Supporting vulnerable customers
- Innovating to create sustainable communities
- Providing effective services that are fit for the future
Southern Water will now develop detailed plans for the next five years, with public feedback welcomed. In the New Year, details will be published on bill choices and future services. Southern Water will be asking for views on their plans to supply water and tackle droughts.