Broadband & InfrastructureEquipping your business with the right resources
The West Sussex Superfast Broadband Connection Voucher scheme will help improve connectivity for small and medium enterprises that do not have access to superfast broadband and are based in an area not covered by the planned BDUK superfast infrastructure rollout.
Vouchers are available now. You can claim up to £2,500 against the cost of connection, either individually or as part of a group project. As part of a group, you are able to combine the values of your vouchers.
Funding comes from the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership under their ‘Growth is Digital’ priority project. The Connection Voucher scheme has been developed by the Rural West Sussex Partnership, South Downs National Park Authority, Gatwick Diamond Initiative and Coastal West Sussex Partnership with the delivery body, West Sussex County Council.
The Government is supporting investment to:
- Provide superfast broadband coverage to 95% of the UK by December 2017
- Provide access to basic broadband (2Mbps) for all from December 2015
- Explore options to provide superfast coverage to the hardest to reach parts of the UK
- Encourage the take up of superfast broadband by SMEs to support growth through the Broadband Connection Voucher Scheme
- Improve mobile coverage in remote areas by 2016
What is BDUK?
Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK), part of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, is delivering superfast broadband and better mobile connectivity to the nation. You can find out more about local implementation at the West Sussex Better Connected website.